In our article we are going to talk about the most famous Canon lenses for DSLR cameras, crop sensors, and Canon prime lenses for full-frame cameras and and the most popular full-frame Canon zoom lenses
- DSLR Canon Lenses
- Canon Prime Lens For Full Frame Camera
- Canon full Frame Lenses
- Canon Prime Lens
- Canon Macro Lens
- Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Lens
- Canon Zoom Lenses
- Holy Trinity Of Lenses
- 24 105 Canon Lens
DSLR Canon Lenses
for Canon lenses for DSLR cameras and crop sensors let us make it clear that we are talking in this article about the famous Canon lenses because Canon makes other lenses and other brands also make lenses.
• You must remember that the crop sensor lenses are not installed on DSLR full-frame cameras, but it is possible to install full-frame lenses on the crop sensor cameras.
Crop sensor lenses on Canon will have a white mark on them and take the efs symbol, and the full-frame lenses will have a red mark on them and These lenses take the ef symbol on Canon DSLR cameras.
• The crop sensor on the lens mount has the white mark and the red mark, but on the lens mount in full-frame cameras you will not find anything other than the red mark, this means that efs and ef lenses can be installed on the crop sensor cameras, but full-frame cameras only take ef lenses, It is important that you understand, what is the Crop Factor.
Canon 10 18 mm
The first lens we will talk about today is one of the most popular lenses for YouTubers and vloggers.
• Lens with a very wide frame and also has optical stabilization, this helps a lot when shooting a video while you are moving with the camera.
• The lens is rather cheap, and the results you get from the lens are excellent.
• The main problem when you move with this lens is that the build quality is weak, even the mount of the lens itself is made of plastic.
• The opening of the lens is a little narrow, and this makes shooting in poor lighting difficult.
The lens is very suitable For people who shoot a landscape or people who shoot indoors in narrow places, and of course, as we said, it is very suitable for vloggers and YouTubers who do not have a large place to film, whether the filming is at home, cars or others.
Canon 17 55 2.8
The second lens we are going to talk about is considered one of the best Canon lenses for the Crop Sensor at all, 17-55 1:2.8 IS USM Canon EFS fixed aperture. Why is it considered one of the best lenses that you can use?
• First of all, the zoom range is very excellent 17mm is a wide cadre.
• The most important thing is that the lens is fixed and also a wide 2.8, which means that the lens is excellent for shooting in low light.
• You will also be able to get beautiful blurry backgrounds during filming.
• The build quality of the lens is very good, the lens has an image stabilization, which means that the lens is very excellent for shooting videos while moving the camera.
• The focus motor of the lens is very fast and very accurate, all of which will allow you to get excellent results from the lens.
The lens is very suitable for shooting landscapes, vlogging, photographing portraits and many different types of photography.
Canon 18 135
The third lens we will talk about is the famous Kit Lens,
Canon efs 18-135 variable aperture 1:3.5-5-6 IS USM lens and I would like to say that the zoom range 18-135 has many versions.
Buy the latest and best version that gives you a wider aperture at the widest cadre and in the modern focus motor Nano USM.
This lens is one of the best lenses you can work with :
• The very wide zoom range, which makes the lens useful in almost all types of photography.
• The build quality is very excellent and this is the first thing you hold on to the lens.
• The price of the lens is very reasonable and not expensive, but you can get it with some cameras like the canon 77D and 80D and 90D , and then the total price will be much better.
• The focus technology is very excellent, very fast, and very accurate, yet the lens has almost no sound.
Canon EF-S 24mm F/2.8 STM Lens
The fourth lens we will talk about is one of the best lenses that you can use, is Canon efs 24mm prime lens, f/2.8 stm lens, the lens has no zoom, but of course, it is generally known that the prime lenses are sharp lenses that are much more than the zoom lenses.
• The lens is full of features, first of all, 24mm, a very suitable cadre, especially for shooting videos, so you will find that most YouTubers work with this lens.
• The price is very excellent and it is considered cheap.
• The aperture of the lens is wide, and this means that you will get a very beautiful blurry background.
• Suitable for shooting in poor lighting conditions.
• The focus motor is very fast, very accurate, and silent.
• The lens has a macro feature, which means you can get very close with the lens to what you are photographing.
• The size is very small and very light, and this will make your setup in general small.
• The build quality of the lens is very good, although the price of the lens is cheap, except if the mount is made of metal.
Canon EF S 55 250mm F 4 5.6 IS STM
Another lens we will talk about is a very excellent zoom lens for people who want to photograph distant things.
Canon efs 55-250mm lens aperture of 1:4-5.6 The lens is considered to be on the level of kit-lens lenses, meaning that the build quality is not high and the lens mount is made of plastic, but you have more than one advantage in return.
• The price of the lens is very acceptable.
• The zoom range is very high, and this makes the lens suitable for many different types of photography.
• The lens has optical stabilization.
• The focus motor is very fast and silent.
Canon Prime Lens For Full Frame Camera
I will quickly show you Canon prime lenses for full-frame cameras.
For professional Canon cameras, we have full-frame D-class cameras, that are DLSR cameras for those who take lenses with an ef symbol.
of course, there are new Canon cameras in the r category, and this one has not been released yet, except for two Canon EOS R cameras, which is the camera corresponding to the 5d Mark IV, and the Canon EOS RP, which is the camera corresponding to the Canon 6d Mark II.
Canon’s new R-class cameras take lenses that have the rf symbol and these are very excellent.
In many opinions, they are considered the best lenses ever, in the entire market for professional cameras means better than any lenses available from any other competitor, but in fact, lenses are very, very expensive.
Canon full Frame Lenses
Let’s start talking about the most famous Canon lenses for full-frame cameras that take the ef symbol, meaning the cameras, DSLR cameras.
Canon EF lenses for full-frame cameras can be used normally on crop-frame cameras, but you need to take care of the crop factor.
The Crop Factor in Canon cameras, the crop frame is 1.6. Very simply, if you install an ef 35mm lens on a crop frame camera, this lens will give you a 56mm frame.
In short, any full-frame lens, when you install it on a crop-frame camera, will give you a narrower cadre, and this is something you need to take care of.
The number of Canon lenses for full-frame cameras is slightly more, which is why we will divide the lenses into two parts:
The first section is the prime lenses, meaning they do not have zoom and the second section is the zoom lenses.
In general, we will start with the wider lenses for the narrower lenses.
Canon Prime Lens
We will talk about the first section, the prime lenses.
starting with two 35mm lenses, the cheapest lens is the Canon ef 35mm f2 IS USM.
The most expensive lens is the Canon ef 35mm f/1.4l ii usm USM.
Of course, any lens of the class L means one of the best and finest Canon lenses ever, and it is famous for the red circle at the beginning of the lens, as for the regular lenses, they have a silver circle or no color on them.
Canon EF 35mm F/2 IS USM
First of all, the 35mm cadre is very nice. The cadre is not wide, strong, and very shooting.
• Its price is acceptable, not expensive.
• The build quality is reasonable, the lens is made of metal.
• The Aperture is wide f2.
• The lens has image stabilization.
• The last focus is the lens is very fast and very accurate.
Suitable For YouTube videos, and very good for many different types of photography.
Canon EF 35mm F1 4L II USM
Note the same as in the Mark I, Mark II, Mark III, and Mark IV cameras. There are also Mark I, Mark II, and Mark III lenses. Of course, the best is the latest one, which is the largest number.
Here is the Mark II and has another Mark III lens. Try to focus This issue is because Canon is developing its better lenses and making them much better.
This lens is from the L category, and since it is of the L category, it is considered one of the lenses that every professional dreams of.
Of course, there is no defect in the L category, except for the price. It is often expensive for lenses, especially since the aperture of the lens here is 1.4, which means a very wide lens aperture. The glass is as large as the size of the lens is possible. It is a lit bit, and the lens may be a little heavy, We can consider the absence of image stabilization a real defect in the lens, but the most important feature of the lens is the very wide 1.4 aperture.
Canon EF 40mm F2 8
Another lens is Canon EF 40mm F2.8 STM
This is a very excellent lens for more than one reason.
• It is very suitable for shooting videos and YouTube.
• Its price is acceptable and not expensive.
• It is considered one of the first lenses that one can buy, the build quality is very acceptable, and at least the lens mount is metal.
• The lens aperture is wide f/2.8.
• The focus is very fast and very accurate.
• The size of the lens is very small and the weight is very light.
Canon EF 50mm F1.8 Lens
A well known lens, the most famous lens from Canon ever, the Canon EF 50mm F1.8 STM.
• Is the cheapest lens you can buy after the kit Lanes, yet it offers a very great value for the price.
And by the way, this is an advantage in Canon lenses in general that most Canon lenses compared to other companies, their price is considered cheap or advanced, or offer a very great value for the price, meaning if you see the 50mm F1.8 lens, you will find that the Canon lens is cheaper than all competitors, whether Nikon, Sony, or others, and I am talking about the lenses that are from the same camera company, I mean the Canon camera is fitted with a Canon lens.
Nikon camera fitted by Nikon lens Sony camera fitted by Sony lens, nd keep in mind the lens we are talking about is the Canon EF 50mm F1.8 STM, and this is a new version of the 50mm 1.8 lenses.
In the past, there was a focus lens with it that was very slow and not very accurate because the lens was not STM.
Why do I say that this lens offers a very great value for the price?
• The build quality is very excellent, and the lens mount is metal.
• The lens is very wide F1.8.
• The lens focus is very fast, accurate, and silent, this makes this lens one of the best lenses for video.
But you must remember the occurrence of the Crop Factor, If you want to use this lens on a crop frame camera, I mean the cadre will be a little narrower than what you will receive when you use the lens on a full-frame camera.
Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM Lens
Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM, and it is considered a lens that offers a very great value for the price because the lens is considered to be very affordable and not expensive.
It has a very wide lens aperture of F1.4 and people always ask if there is a big difference in the aperture of 1.8 and 1.4.
Yes, there is a big difference, whether in a photo or video shooting.
In general, the lens has the same features as the previous lens, except that the focus system is a little different. The lens here has a USM Focus motor, but the previous lens has Focus STM motor.
And the sound of the focus motor in this lens is slightly higher than the STM lens.
EF 50mm F1 2L USM
Of course, this lens is among the lenses that every professional dream of.
As usual, the only drawback is its price and the lack of image stabilization.
Other than that, you have a very wide F1.2 lens, and of course, this lens is considered one of the best portrait lenses ever.
I want to confirm that there is no need for better praise in L-class lenses because they are the best lenses and the most expensive lenses you can photograph with.
EF 85mm F1.8
Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM is also one of the lenses that offer great value for the price.
The price of the lens is very acceptable and it is not expensive, the build quality is acceptable, the lens mount is metal, the lens is very wide F1.8, the focus motor is fast and accurate, and this lens is considered one of the best lenses in portrait photography for beginners.
Canon EF 85mm f1.4L IS USM
The second L lens is Canon EF 85mm F1.4L IS L USM.
The third lens is L-series Canon EF 85mm F1.2L II USM.
Of course, the second lens, a wider aperture of F1.2, is the most expensive, largest, and heavier lens, and everything is needed, and these two lenses are among the lenses that every professional dream of.
And of course every professional dream of the right lens for his job, 85mm lenses are often used for portrait photography.
Note that the first lens, F1.4, has image stabilization, but the second lens, F1.2, has no image stabilization.
Canon Macro Lens
We are going to talk about two macro lenses, a 100 mm lens.
The first is Canon EF 100mm F2.8 Macro USM.
The second L lens is the Canon EF 100mm F2.8L macro IS USM.
Macro lenses are the ones that can bring you very close to the thing you photograph, yet you can capture focus very well.
Of course, the two lenses are very excellent, same wide aperture of F2.8.
But of course, the L-class lens is better and more expensive.
However, build quality is better in almost everything, but you will also find image stabilization, which is very important, especially in macro photography.
Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Lens
The last L-series lens is the Canon EF135mm F2L USM, Excellent lens for portrait photography.
You get a very wide F2 lens, and the only drawback is that there is no image stabilization, but since the lens is of the L category, this means that you will get the highest build quality with the best possible quality.
Canon Zoom Lenses
Let’s talk about the most popular full-frame Canon zoom lenses.
I would like to talk about the idea that you can do an optical zoom through this lens. This is something that can greatly facilitate the photographic process for you, but you must know the following :
Often the aperture of prime lenses is much wider, meaning very rarely when you find a zoom lens with an aperture of 1:1.8 In addition to that, the prime lenses often have more sharpness than the zoom lenses, but of course, if you buy an expensive zoom lens, you will get very sharp results.
In any case, the main advantage of the zoom lenses means that you can adjust your cadre much easier without you needing to move the camera from its place, and in general, each lens has its advantages and has its drawbacks, and as I always say, you have to choose the most suitable for your job.
Holy Trinity Of Lenses
The first thing we need to talk about is the zoom lenses Professional photographers call it.
The Holy Trinity of lenses and is three lenses that cover almost all the dimensions that you may need :
• The first wide-range zoom lens, n 16 – 35.
• The second lens for normal photography or medium range zoom from 24-70.
• A telephoto lens followed with a zoom range of 70-200.
If you have the three lenses, you will still be covering the range zoom from the first 16-200, which means that it will cover almost all types of photography.
Wide Angle Canon Lenses
We start by offering wide lenses. We have two lenses in the L category. The first lens is the Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM Lens, and the second lens is the Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM Lens.
Of course, the main difference is in the aperture of the lens. Of course, the lens with a wider aperture will give you better results in poor lighting conditions, and it will also give you a more blurry background, which is very popular for many people. Of course, the 2.8 lens looks much better.
You will also notice that the first lens has image stabilization, but the second lens, unfortunately, does not have image stabilisation, but of course, since the two lenses are of the L category, you will thus get excellent build quality and excellent results in general. You will find this theme repeated. The same lens has two versions, one with a narrow aperture of f4, and this will be the cheapest lens; and then another lens with a wider aperture of f2.8, and this is a premium lens, and its price will be more expensive.
Canon 24-70 2.8 L Lens
After that, we have two lenses: normal and medium. The first lens is the Canon EF 24-70mm f/4L IS USM Lens, the Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Lens.
Almost the same thing we said about the previous two lenses.
The two L-class lenses mean that the two lenses are built-in quality and produce excellent results.
But there is a lens with a narrow aperture of f/4L and a lens with a slightly wider aperture of f/2.8L.
The first lens has image stabilization, but the second lens does not, and this has a zoom range of 24–70mm, which is considered a very excellent range for most photographers. 24mm is considered a rather wide cadre, and the zoom up to 70mm is very excellent for shooting portraits and others, which is why most photographers need a lens like this.
Canon Telephoto Lens
Then we have a lens for telephoto: the Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS III USM Lens. Of course, it has an L-class build quality lens and the quality of the results is excellent.
Also, the aperture is very wide at f/2.8L.
You also have optical stabilization, and in short, this lens is a legend, and owning the lens is a dream for all professional photographers.
24 105 Canon Lens
We have two lenses that we can use to shoot almost everything, and they cover a large range of zoom from the first 24mm, which is considered a wide frame, up to 105mm.
• Canon ef 24-105 f3.5-5.6 IS STM
• Canon ef 24-105 f4 L series IS USM mark II.
Of course, the first lens is the cheapest in general, with a very excellent zoom range, and the lens is not of the L category, and the aperture range is variable, the second lens is of course the best.
This is one of the lenses that most people start with.
First, from the L category, and this means that you will get build quality and excellent results.
And the aperture is fixed, although it is a little narrow, always remember that it has a lens for full-frame cameras.
In other words, the aperture of a lens of 4 on a full-frame camera is approximately equal to the aperture of a lens of 2.5 on a crop-frame camera, and this means, in short, that you will be able to get beautiful blurry backgrounds.
The lens has image stabilization, which is very excellent, and the focus is fast and very accurate, and it also has almost no sound.